Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Pop Culture


Popular culture influences me a lot. For instance, the clothing styles, movies, and the television shows. In china, the way I dress is the same as Korean and Japan’s fashion style because Chinese people adore these two countries’ fashion style very much. Since I came to the U.S, I have noticed that the fashion style very much similar to the Europe’s style. Therefore, I gradually change myself dressing in the European’s fashion. I pack up all the clothes and put them into the box and never wear them again. The other thing has influenced me which is the IPod brand. Most of my friends have their own IMac, IPhone.

Before taking the poplar culture class, I thought it will only embrace the language and some literature of the country. After taking the popular culture class, I am more aware that it embraces things more than I thought. For example, we read some article to realize more about the popular culture such as fashion, music and movie. I have also learned what high culture is. At the beginning, I did not have many ideas of what popular culture was until taking this class. I have learned more than I expected and something I never really knew before.

No comments:

Post a Comment